My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer (Belgium)
As a Development Consultant you are responsible for the design and development of modifications to the standard Microsoft Dynamics AX application and/or the MECOMS™ product. This person may also be tasked with developing and executing data migration processes and developing integrations to legacy systems. Other development activities may include creating services for other system integrations (Microsoft BizTalk etc.)
By communicating with the Application Consultant, the Development Consultant obtains an understanding of the business requirements and the modifications and integrations necessary to support the requirements. The Development Consultant may also be tasked with creating detailed documentation of the customizations and integrations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the consultants in writing the technical design documents
- Review the design documentation and related estimations
- Customization of the product to meet the needs of the customer based on the specifications of the consultants
- Document custom developed functionality in accordance to documentation standards and best practices
- Implement add-ons and code from third parties
- Testing, data migration, etc.
- A university or bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied economic sciences: business engineering or equivalent (young graduates are also welcome!)
- Strong technical skills
- A first experience in development .NET (C#) or Microsoft Dynamics AX (X++) is a plus
- Language knowledge: Dutch (native), good knowledge of English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- A dynamic team player with great sense of responsibility and good social and communication skills
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Independent and self-starter
- Goal-oriented and have an eye for quality
- Continuous improvement and staying up to date with the latest technology changes
- Real career opportunities
- Training by our Ferranti University and MECOMS™ University
- Support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, portable pc, smartphone, internet connection, ...
- And this in a young and dynamic company atmosphere where there is room for initiative and where an open culture gives you the possibility to grow and continuously improve your personal skills.
MECOMS is a division of the company Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft‘s only recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by renowned industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software companies, such as Avanade/Accenture, Tata, and CGI have chosen to partner with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.