My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
The Solution Architect is responsible for the scope, quality and acceptance of the delivered solution.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Validates functional and/or technical scope & project approach during the project in order to mitigate risks
- Leads the Fit/Gap analysis to define the functional and/or technical approach, which describes all high-level business, technical, architectural and non-functional requirements.
- Convinces the client stakeholders as well as the consultants and/or partners of the functional and/or technical approach and takes the lead in client sign-offs.
- Prevents and solves escalations from consultants, partners and clients.
- Follows best practices, tools and methods in order to improve the project team’s efficiency & quality
- Works in close collaboration with the project manager
- Takes initiative to be informed about innovations in technology, market changes, methodologies, best practices, … & develops internal improvements/innovations
- Shares knowledge and coaches consultants/partners towards a higher level
- Supports the sales process by making effort estimations, writing commercial documents & giving sales demos
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience as a Solution Architect in successfully delivering multiple large-sized (2000+ mandays) ERP implementation projects characterized by systematic and milestone-driven work
- A master’s or bachelor’s degree
- International experience and are used to communicate and work in English
- Good understanding of business processes; strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills (coaching, delegating & motivating, build trust, …)
- Experience in the Energy & Utilities sector
- Knowledge of the software life cycle
- A non-stop drive to go out of your comfort zone to guarantee an end-to-end solution
- Passionate about technology and innovation
- Fluent in Dutch (native) and English.
- A dynamic team player with a sense of responsibility and excellent social skills
- Able to communicate constructive on different levels (developers, business, C-level, stakeholders, …)
- Able to influence, negotiate and build consensus (with clients and colleagues)
- A flexible person willing to travel
- Staying up to date with the latest technology changes
- Career opportunities in a challenging working environment
- Training by our Ferranti University and MECOMS™ University
- Support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, laptop, smartphone, internet connection,…
- A young and dynamic company atmosphere with room for initiative and an open culture that gives you the possibility to grow and continuously improve your personal skills.
MECOMS is a division of the company Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft‘s only recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by renowned industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software companies, such as Avanade/Accenture, Tata, and CGI have chosen to partner with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.