My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Junior Support Consultant UK
As a Junior Support Consultant, you are responsible for analysing production issues to develop new code and fixes in the standard Microsoft Dynamics AX application and/or the MECOMS™ product. You may also be tasked with change requests, so you need to be able to carry out functional analysis and software development.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Incident, requests and change request resolution
• Create support documentation for requests, incidents, problems and change request
• Perform configuration of MECOMS functionality to meet customer requirements where possible
• Develop X++ code to Ferranti standards (MECOMS Standards)
• Unit testing to ensure minimal defects in System and Integration testing
• Occasional release management duties
• Assist client business users in preparation for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and support the users during this phase of the project
Experience and qualifications:
• A university degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• A first experience in development .NET (C#) or Microsoft Dynamics AX (X++) is advantageous
• Some experience of using Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies (advantageous).
• Previous support experience is a plus
Skills and competences:
• A dynamic team player with a sense of responsibility and excellent social skills
• Able to communicate constructively on different levels (e.g. with a Developer, Business Consultant, Solution Architect, Project Manager)
• Able to influence, negotiate and achieve consensus with clients, partners and colleagues
• A smart analytical thinker who is good at problem solving and identifying patterns and applying them
• Structured but innovative approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• Test Driven Development highly desirable
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, X++, web services (desirable).
• Goal oriented and have an eye for quality
• Drive successful end-to-end solutions, willing to go outside of your comfort zone or role where required
• Flexibility around travel and ability to work on client sites is essential
- Be part of a leading, innovative company where you keep on track with the latest technology
- A personal coach who will help you to build your career, to grow and continuously improve your personal & technical skills
- A dynamic team of colleagues who encourage initiative and entrepreneurship
- A very attractive salary package: a car allowance, medical coverage, group insurance, laptop, iphone, etc.
MECOMS is part of Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.