My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Junior Support Consultant UK
As a Junior Support Consultant, you are responsible for analysing production issues to develop new code and fixes in the standard Microsoft Dynamics AX application and/or the MECOMS™ product. You may also be tasked with change requests, so you need to be able to carry out functional analysis and software development.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
• Incident, requests and change request resolution
• Create support documentation for requests, incidents, problems and change request
• Perform configuration of MECOMS functionality to meet customer requirements where possible
• Develop X++ code to Ferranti standards (MECOMS Standards)
• Unit testing to ensure minimal defects in System and Integration testing
• Occasional release management duties
• Assist client business users in preparation for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and support the users during this phase of the project
Experience and qualifications:
• A university degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• A first experience in development .NET (C#) or Microsoft Dynamics AX (X++) is advantageous
• Some experience of using Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies (advantageous).
• Previous support experience is a plus
Skills and competences:
• A dynamic team player with a sense of responsibility and excellent social skills
• Able to communicate constructively on different levels (e.g. with a Developer, Business Consultant, Solution Architect, Project Manager)
• Able to influence, negotiate and achieve consensus with clients, partners and colleagues
• A smart analytical thinker who is good at problem solving and identifying patterns and applying them
• Structured but innovative approach to problem solving
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• Test Driven Development highly desirable
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, X++, web services (desirable).
• Goal oriented and have an eye for quality
• Drive successful end-to-end solutions, willing to go outside of your comfort zone or role where required
• Flexibility around travel and ability to work on client sites is essential
- Continuous improvement and staying up to date with the latest technology changes
- Real career opportunities in an international technology company as part of a dynamic and motivated team
- Training by our Ferranti University and MECOMS™ University
- Support by an experienced coach
- A very attractive salary package: car allowance, insurance, laptop, iPhone, internet connection, ...
- Working on several projects with teams of varying sizes and nationalities
Ferranti is looking for experienced energy and utility professionals, to help build the international expansion of its MECOMS™ product in the UK.
MECOMS™ is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. MECOMS™ is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS™ is Microsoft‘s only recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS™ has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by renowned industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software companies, such as Avanade/Accenture, Tata, and CGI have chosen to partner with Ferranti and offer MECOMS™ as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.