My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Are you passionate about technology, are you easy to approach for others and do you like to spread your knowledge? Then you might be our MECOMS Technical Writer.
You will prepare instruction manuals, articles and other MECOMS supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. You will develop, gather and disseminate technical information about the MECOMS platform and the Microsoft suite among our MECOMS projects, MECOMS Product Organisation and MECOMS Partners.
Your main responsibilities:
- Determine the needs of our partners and employees considering technical documentation
- Study new MECOMS 365 product features and their technical implementation, online and by talking to product designers, project consultants and developers
- Study new Microsoft technologies (for example: Dynamics 365, Azure, PowerApps) and other technologies in relation to the implementation of MECOMS
- Organise and write supporting documents on how to implement and extend MECOMS
- Use your creativity (photographs, movies, drawings, diagrams, animation, charts, …) to increase users’ understanding
- Standardise content across platforms and media to guarantee overall quality
- Revise and complement documentation as a result of raised questions or issues
- Communicate about new or updated technical documentation and knowledge
- A master or bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-4 years of practical experience in a technical role
- Experience in making training manuals and software documentation is a plus
- Knowledge about Microsoft Dynamics 365, Azure and ERP solutions is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of English and Dutch
- Background or experience in the energy and utilities sector is a plus
- A dynamic team player with great sense of responsibility and good social and communicative skills
- Able to write structured and understandable documentation
- Able to communicate in a confident, clear and direct manner
- Able to explain complex matters to a various audience
- Eager to learn
- Independent and accurate
- Goal oriented with an eye for detail
- Be part of a leading, innovative company where you keep on track with the latest technology
- A personal coach who will help you to build your career, to grow and continuously improve your personal & technical skills
- A dynamic team of colleagues who encourage initiative and entrepreneurship
- A very attractive salary package: an A-brand company car, best-in-class health insurance, group insurance, laptop, iphone, etc. and the possibility to adapt your salary package to your personal needs (e.g. lease bike, tablet, etc.)
MECOMS is part of Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognised by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.