My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
As a Technical Consultant you are responsible for fitting the technical requirements of the client into the delivered solution (product & processes).
Your main responsibilities:
- Understand the business requirements & necessary modifications & integrations
- Communicate in-depth with the client in order to understand the technical risks & needs & to clear out issues
- Guide the client in taking business decisions from a technical perspective (performance, scalability, reliability, security, etc.)
- Write technical design documents for complex customizations, data migration & system integrations a make accurate estimates
- Take the lead in specific technical project tracks such as migration, release management, interfaces, etc. in accordance to best practices
- Create and execute technical test scenario’s & scripts, supports the client during testing
- Lead and coach a specific team of developers and/or partners to ensure implementation of the necessary modifications
- Take initiative to develop improvements to methodologies, technology, etc.
- A master degree (e.g. in engineering, informatics, computer science) or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in Dynamics 365 or C# .NET
- Knowledge or working experience in the energy/utilities market is a major asset
- A great problem solver who is passionate about technology
- A dynamic team player with excellent social & communication skills
- Strict with deadlines abd like to multitask
- Fluent in English (native); knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Preferably living in Birmingham area, flexible to travel in GB on a regular basis and occasionally to Belgium (HQ)
- The possibility to work with the latest technologies and stay up to date with the latest changes
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Real career opportunities: do you want to become a technical expert or rather grow towards a more functional role, that’s up to you!
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center and support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package including a car allowance, private health insurance scheme, income protection scheme, pension scheme etc.
MECOMS UK is part of Ferranti Computer Systems Ltd.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.