My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Placement year: Development Consultant D365
Are you fascinated by the latest technologies? Ready to be part of an international team? Eager to work with Microsoft’s state-of-the-art ERP platform Dynamics 365?
During your placement year, you will work as a junior development consultant. You will work with the latest technologies to build technical modifications, integrations and extensions to the MECOMS solution that meets the needs of the customer.
Your main tasks and responsibilities (which will be adapted to your level of experience and skills during your placement year):
- Work on an Azure based platform, with the latest Microsoft applications
- Read & understand technical design documents
- Develop, test & release modifications, extensions & system integrations
- Clear pending issues with the application consultant (mostly remote) in an efficient way
- The intention to achieve a university or bachelor’s degree in (applied) informatics, electronica/ICT, computer science or equivalent after your placement year
- Very good knowledge of English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Experience in development .NET (Core), C# or D365 is a plus
- Enrolled at a university in UK and willing to do a placement year
- A dynamic team player with great sense of responsibility
- A strong communicator, face to face and remote/online
- Flexible to work on different domains and tasks
- An independent problem solver
- Goal-oriented, with an eye for quality
- Very eager to learn new technologies
- A personal coach and, after positive evaluation of your placement year, a contract to become a full-time employee
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center
- The possibility to work with the latest technologies and stay up to date with the latest changes
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Real career opportunities: do you want to become an expert or rather grow towards an international functional role, that’s up to you!
- If you like to travel abroad, we can offer you international projects to work on once you have the right level of experience and skills
MECOMS UK is part of Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.