My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
As a Functional Consultant, you are responsible for fitting the business processes of the client into the best practices of the delivered solution (product & processes).
Your main responsibilities:
- Communicate in-depth with the client in order to understand the business processes & needs
- Evaluate the customer’s business processes against the defined solution, write functional design documents & make accurate estimates
- Configure the defined solution to meet the customer’s needs
- Guide the client in changing his business processes, according to standard processes
- Guide a team of developers and/or partners to ensure implementation of the necessary modifications
- Take the lead in specific functional tracks such as billing, CRM, contract management, etc. in accordance to best practices
- Create and execute functional test scenario’s & scripts, supports the client during testing
- Train colleagues, partners & clients to successfully use and maintain the delivered solution
- Take initiative to develop improvements to methodologies, technology, etc
- A master degree (e.g. in economics, business engineering, informatics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-5 years of working experience in Dynamics 365 or C# .NET
- Profound knowledge of business process analysis
- Knowledge of/ or working experience in the energy and utilities market is a major asset
- A great problem solver who is passionate about technology
- A dynamic team player with excellent social & communication skills
- Strict with deadlines and like to multitask
- Fluent in English (native); knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Preferably living in Birmingham area, flexible to travel in GB on a regular basis and occasionally to Belgium (HQ)
- The possibility to work with the latest technologies and stay up to date with the latest changes
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Real career opportunities: do you want to become a technical expert or rather grow towards a more functional role, that’s up to you!
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center and support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package including a car allowance, private health insurance scheme, income protection scheme, pension scheme etc.
MECOMS UK is part of Ferranti Computer Systems.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.