My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
We are looking for a Project Manager for our department Projects, where we are responsible for the full implementation of MECOMS projects from A to Z.
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the delivery of custom MECOMS projects and the implementation of its product MECOMS across the globe. This implies efficient planning, stakeholder-, risk- and change-management and completion of projects with focus on maximising value creation. Your performance and the use of our project methodology and tools must ensure streamlined projects and excellent results.
Can you manage challenging projects with a steady hand, deliver agreed results and do your project members and stakeholders wish to work with you again? In that case, you might be a candidate for the position as our next Project Manager MECOMS. We prefer working with internal instead of external project managers.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Project Manager in large software projects (+2.000 MD)
- A university or bachelor’s degree (e.g. in applied economic sciences: business engineering; computer science; economics or equivalent)
- Good understanding of business processes
- Clear communication skills, capable of presenting and communicating difficult messages in a distinct and clear way
- The necessary administration skills and you are capable to dialogue with the customer and subcontractors
- Experience in the energy & utilities sector is a major asset
- Good at building bridges between business and IT
- Fluent in English (native); knowledge of other languages is a plus
- A dynamic team player with a great sense of responsibility
- Flexible to travel in GB on a regular basis and occasionally to Belgium (HQ)
- Goal-oriented and have an eye for quality
- A strong communicator, capable of presenting and communicating difficult messages in a distinct and clear way
- Robust and gain trust and respect from your peers. Others will soon notice that you work in a structured way and have good analytical skills
- The possibility to work with the latest technologies and stay up to date with the latest changes
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center and support by a coach
- A very attractive salary package including a car allowance, private health insurance scheme, income protection scheme, pension scheme etc.
MECOMS UK is part of Ferranti Computer Systems.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies